Why isn't my microphone working since the Demin update on my Nokia Lumia Icon?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why is microphone not working since demin update on Nokia Lumia Icon

Microphone no longer works on lumia icon after update to demin

Dirk Coleman

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Re: why is microphone not working since demin update on Nokia Lumia Icon

Same issue - microphone on Lumia Icon quite working immediately after demin update. I tried a hard reset this morning in hopes that might fix it but same problem.

tonyblu

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Similar issue.
I use a Lumia 730
When I receive a call, I can hear the caller, but the caller cant hear me.
When I speak into the microphone, I hear myself after about 1-sec delay sounding far away (like a fading echo).

Any ideas to hep me out?

Thanks.

tfm1970

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem, phone worked fine this morning, ran the denim update and now when make a call or take a call no-one can hear me, I can hear my own voice coming back. If I hit the speaker phone button they can hear me fine. Cortana doesn't hear me anymore either. Am on a Lumia 930. Since this morning I have done the following.
Hard reset
Roll back to previous code using the MS tool
Hard reset in old code
Update to denim again
Hard reset again
I tested at each stage and the issue is exactly the same.

I bought the handset off contract and the Warranty app is telling me I'm out of warranty so effectively the Denim update has ruined a ?400 phone. Am having to use an old 920 now. Has anyone got anywhere with resolving this?

fdl3

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is microphone not working since demin update on Nokia Lumia Icon

Nokia 928 with non-working secondary microphones. Still testing, but I suspect a software issue, not hardware.

The mics quit working shortly after upgrading to WP 8.1 DP. Prior to that, mics worked fine. Afterward: Cortana could not hear anything, speech to text could not hear anything, MS and Lumia Camera audio record only static.

On a whim, turned Cortana off, rebooted phone (as requested), and secondary mics work again.

However, first time use MS Camera to record video, only static. And mics stop working again.

Reboot seems to fix. Lumia Camera seems not to kill mics.

More testing.

WP: 8.1 Update - Denim
Firmware: 3051.50009.1446.0093

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb