Can I still track my phone location via windowsphone.com even if the person who stole it reset it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
On the windowsphone.com send an erase and a lock order to the phone... That uses IMEI.

Report the phone stolen to your carrier to get it blacklisted.

The best you can do is make it a paperweight for them and take all the sale value out of it.

I'm very sorry for your unfortunate loss.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My gf got her 830 stolen yesterday too. The idiots accidently took a couple pics probably trying to unlock it and they got uploaded to her onedrive. I tried to do a lock and erase from windowsphone.com but it said it couldn't because it couldn't find the phone. After we saw the pics they took she did call ATT to block her service.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My gf got her 830 stolen yesterday too. The idiots accidently took a couple pics probably trying to unlock it and they got uploaded to her onedrive. I tried to do a lock and erase from windowsphone.com but it said it couldn't because it couldn't find the phone. After we saw the pics they took she did call ATT to block her service.

Hrrrmmm... Does it not hold the order until next boot? It should. AND capture a ping of location.

Andr3sfc

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I recovered my phone!

The thing was: people talked about all over my workplace (where I lost the phone) when my device went missing, and there would probably be repercussions coming from my boss next week — she was very upset about it.

This particular individual is kinda new there. My mother got a call late at night yesterday from him, wanting to return the phone. He said the he found it in a bench there. The thing is: how do you find something not yours in your workplace and take it home? And why would you turn it off? Makes little sense...

Anyway, I have my 735 back now, which I have bought about only three weeks ago, when my two-and-a-half years-old 820 fell screen-first in the ground. Right now, I'm just relieved.

Thank you all for the inputs.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I recovered my phone!

The thing was: people talked about all over my workplace (where I lost the phone) when my device went missing, and there would probably be repercussions coming from my boss next week ? she was very upset about it.

This particular individual is kinda new there. My mother got a call late at night yesterday from him, wanting to return the phone. He said the he found it in a bench there. The thing is: how do you find something not yours in your workplace and take it home? And why would you turn it off? Makes little sense...

Anyway, I have my 735 back now, which I have bought about only three weeks ago, when my two-and-a-half years-old 820 fell screen-first in the ground. Right now, I'm just relieved.

Thank you all for the inputs.

Glad to hear! It does sound a little shady tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99