Windows phone 8.

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 Denim.. Is there any possible way to revert back to windows phone 8?? I really wanna play some games but they lag like hell on windows phone 8.1 :(

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 Denim.. Is there any possible way to revert back to windows phone 8?? I really wanna play some games but they lag like hell on windows phone 8.1 :(

The Lumia 520 was released with Windows Phone 8.1. Hence, you can NOT revert "back" to Windows Phone 8. You may, however, flash a different OS version into your phone, but that is highly un-recommended.

On the other hand, the lag may not be caused by the OS version, but rather by the relatively lower specifications of the L520.

Reference.

Erratum: the website was referring to the current software release available for the L520, not the software available at the initial release date.

Last edited:

I3unny

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 520 was released with Windows Phone 8.1. Hence, you can NOT revert "back" to Windows Phone 8. You may, however, flash a different OS version into your phone, but that is highly un-recommended.

On the other hand, the lag may not be caused by the OS version, but rather by the relatively lower specifications of the L520.

Reference.
I actually bought this in July 2013 :p it didn't even have amber at that time
. When I used to play on windows phone 8, games used to work very good comparing how they work now on windows phone 8.1 so I think its with the OS for my phone..

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually bought this in July 2013 :p it didn't even have amber at that time
. When I used to play on windows phone 8, games used to work very good comparing how they work now on windows phone 8.1 so I think its with the OS for my phone..

I stand corrected: the website was referring to the current software release available for the L520, not the software available at the initial release date.

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Its a compromise. If you can get 8 back on there you lose the features and security of 8.1. I'm not a big fan of going back versions. As others have mentioned the specs on the 520 are rather low; yes you get some HD capabilities and other perks but in general that is a low spec device.

The 520 may have the RAM and ROM of other Windows Phones of that generation, but the processor just isn't as fast. It is only dual core where most WP are quad core now. Probably one of the reasons the phone can only address 64 GB of storage instead of 128 through the SD.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention