On my 1520, when using GPS/Bluetooth with in dash car stereo, why do I get a series of beeps in between directions?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

1520 and GPS/Bluetooth with in dash car stereo problem

When using bluetooth on my 1520 paired w/Sony MEXBT-3100 in dash car stereo the turn by turn voice from the gps (CoPilot, HereDrive,GPS Navigation,etc attempts to voice dial my Sony! The result is a couple of Beeps, "Voice Dialing" is displayed on the Sony then, in a second or two, the turn by turn voice continues as normal. Problem is the delay in the voice directions caused by this is confusing. Instead of hearing "...in 500 feet turn left..." I hear "...beep beep..." delay, then "...turn left". I've attempted resetting phone, gone thru Sony menus...gads!
Any advice?

MoshMast

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: 1520 and GPS/Bluetooth with in dash car stereo problem

Only thing I can think of in regards to why your phone would be "dialing" is that your phone is pushing the audio through to your Sony head unit regardless of what input it is on because of the Bluetooth profile supported. Similar example would be trying to use Cortana controls on certain head units with a head unit that doesn't support universal voice commands on different OS.

Does this also happen when using Bluetooth audio to listen to music (it shouldn't)?

roamer5

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: 1520 and GPS/Bluetooth with in dash car stereo problem

It occurs when music is playing via bluetooth. The music will fade...a short pause, then the two beeps then attempt at voice dial then the turn by turn voice comes back on.
The voice dial and pause will also occur with nothing playing at all...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99