Nokia Lumia 720 screen broke: Replace screen glass or entire display?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I use nokia lumia 720, the mobile fell down from my pocket and broke on its top left corner. The screen broke but everything with it is working absoluetly fine. Even I can drag the drag screen from the broken side, but I can only see the screen broken. This happened an hour ago. Which one exactly broke? I must change only the Screen glass or the whole display? Please help me.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Separating the digitizer from the glass is a real chore, or so I hear. I think it can be done if careful, but is very prone to messing up the digitizer. I'd replace the whole display if it were me...

Raghu99

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
It costs 8.5k? That is really crazy.... I bought that mobile for 19k and I have to invest 8.5k for its repair? That's almost the half price of the mobile. Is there no other way to get this repaired? Please help me, this is my first experience feeling really tensed please help me.

Raghu99

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that reply. But the cost of repair is very high, its cost is almost the half cost of the original price of the mobile. Is there any other way to get this repair done? Please suggest me if you know. Thanks once again for the reply.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
It costs 8.5k? That is really crazy.... I bought that mobile for 19k and I have to invest 8.5k for its repair? That's almost the half price of the mobile. Is there no other way to get this repaired? Please help me, this is my first experience feeling really tensed please help me.

Check some youtube videos how to do it.
If you think you can do it by yourself it can be cheaper.
Furthermore you can replace the digitizer only. With older phones it can be done "easy" with newer phones it's "impossible".
But if you do it by yourself be very sure that you buy a genuine original OEM part and not a "comparable" or whatever term they use to cover up that the part is not an OEM part.

Raghu99

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Okay bro. By the way what is OEM? are they of good quality and I heard that after changing the screen with another parts other than the original nokia parts, the screen changes and we can see a silver look on the screen. Is that true?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay bro. By the way what is OEM? are they of good quality and I heard that after changing the screen with another parts other than the original nokia parts, the screen changes and we can see a silver look on the screen. Is that true?

OEM = Original equipment manufacturer
So an OEM part is the same part which is used by the manufacturer.

If you use non oem parts you it may work but it also may not work. So the digitizer can become unresponsive and double tap to wake does not work.

So something like this will happen with a non OEM part.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread.php?t=341096

Or this
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bfqGKaaNz1I

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea, unfortunately the cost of repair is pretty high considering it takes skill and labor on top of the parts, which only got fancier.
Seems ridiculous I know, but that appears to be how it is.
DIY is preferable, but only if you're comfortable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea