How did my Windows 8 upgrade to Windows 10 then back to Windows 8 on a Surface Pro 2?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 8 upgrade to windows 10 and back to windows 8 on a surface pro 2

Upgraded my surface pro 2 from 8.1 to 10 and tried it for a day but hated it. The loss of the standard tablet page from 8.1 is a massive blow - some great features but overall I preferred 8.1 so decided to downgrade it back to 8.1

All seemed to go ok except for a few apps needing to be reinstalled and my account needed to be disconnected and reconnected.

All apps except the tablet version of One Note installed and got working - now I couldn't use one note so I uninstalled it and then went to the store to try and reinstall but that won't work. Get a PURCHASE ERROR screen when I try and reinstall telling me that one note isn't compatible with my device - well it was before I tried windows 10.

One note 2013 (desktop version) installs ok but not the tablet one and I liked the tablet one.

Any help or advice would be appreciated - oh yeah and I noticed that all open apps now appear on my start bar in desktop mode even if they are opened in tablet mode. It seems that windows 10 has partially uninstalled but not completely

thanks

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Windows 8 upgrade to windows 10 and back to windows 8 on a surface pro 2

You really should have gave it a week. It's a big change and takes getting use to. Right now I like it about the same, although I do like the 8.1 start screen just a little better. Each build for 10 gets better and better. A day is simply not enough to even get use to it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb