Recommend an in-car holder for the 930

Stuperior

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

Can anyone recommend me a good in-car holder for a Lumia 930 please?
Either a window suction or air grill holder type (it'll be for a Vauxhall Insignia).
I've looked at a few in Halfords and found most of them hit the lock/power button or the camera button.
Would also be interested in one that has wireless charging if not too expensive.

Thanks in advance!

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I use the Nokia CR-201. This was originally bought for my Lumia 920, which fitted perfectly. I upgraded to the Lumia 930 and it fits, but the camera button is caught by the charger holder. As this charger is wireless (Qi charging) and is excellent quality I have kept it. When closing the two sides against the phone they open the camera as they catch on the camera button. But due to the wireless charging, excellent build quality and spare USB port for charging other accessories I kept it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I much prefer a weighted base holder to any other style. I've got two of them now.

Custom Accessories GOXT Phone/GPS Holder with Dash Pad, Black - Walmart.com

This one is probably the best as it has a large no slip pad on the bottom of the weighted base, opens really large (it will just fit my 1520) and the crab claw style mount has independently moveable pincers for setting it up around your buttons.

k2-_c03ff917-de4a-4c57-a407-ce2342a92cb5.v1.jpg

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Go to amazon and search "phone holder cd". Those are the best type, imo. No one really uses their cd player anymore anyway. No need to stick crap on your dash either. Of corse it depends on your vehicle.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
To each their own. of course... The point of me sticking carp on my dash is it takes my eyes off the road the least amount to use the HUD on Here Drive...

by "crap" i meant any adhesive or something that can come loose and fly during a sharp turn. Thats why I like the cd holder. Of course, stereo placement is a big deal. In my focus its near perfect height.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
by "crap" i meant any adhesive or something that can come loose and fly during a sharp turn. Thats why I like the cd holder. Of course, stereo placement is a big deal. In my focus its near perfect height.

Then we are actually thinking alike. It's why I use the weighted base style. Those suction cup things always break loose. They really stink.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3