Can you help me to choose the right Windows Phone?

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
But the Windows Phone it's not for me, it's for my girlfriend. She has ben using a Nokia Lumia 610 for almost 2 years and so, but her device is old, with a poor hardware performance, an outdated OS, and some troubles like the camera buttom didn't working quite well and the phone didn't lock itself in the time it's suppose to.

So, I want to buy her a new phone, but I'm not quite sure what device I should buy. She loves her Lumia 610 because it's small, really smal (3.7" screen size), and she really hates phones with big screens (but like her Tablet, but that's another tale).
I was looking for a Nokia Lumia 620, wich it's almost the same screen size (3.8") and, overall, a super device for the Price, but it's already hard to find here in Mexico (at least, in stores, in web stores there are still some new Lumia 620 out there). But, at the same time, the Lumia 620 it's a bit too old, and in this world, one year old device it's almost outdated, imagine a two years old device. So, I was looking for the Lumia 630, but I don't like the fact that doesn't have flash in the camera (that's a killer feature), and here in Mexico, in stores like Best Buy, the only Windows Phone they are selling are de Lumia 630 and 530, sometimes the 1320, but it's too big even for me, no longer they sells the 720, 925, 1020, and I don't think here in Mexico are gonna sell newer devices in a time (like 730, 830, we doesn't even got the 1520!).

So, how much really difference is between the Lumia 620 and 630? Bot have 512 MB of RAM, but the 630 have a better chipset and some other stuff.
Also, in price, the Lumia 620 costs around $2,000 MXN, and the Lumia 630 costs around $2,700 MXN.

Help please =)

(Also, suggestions are welcome! =D)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In terms of the lineup, the 630 is more of an upgrade to the last-gen 520, (so its a bit of a step down from the 620 which has more features, although it definitely lasts longer and is speedier.) and the 530 has more corners cut than its numerical predecessor.

Time goes a bit more slowly here in Windows Phone land, my 920, which as a model is coming on three years old? or something like that and its still slated for Windows 10.

I'd recommend the 620 for her, my only concern is performance, but it could be that I was spoiled already by better hardware. (and battery life, it has the smallest battery pack in the second/WP8.0-gen Lumia lineup, although it does have the smallest screen.)

Unfortunately small, higher-end phones are going the way of the dodo.
Think you can import a device like the 820 or 720 from an online seller?
The 535 might be a good choice. Cheaper devices could work too, but they lack flashes and such.
Depending on how big is too big for her, many will recommend the 535. I'd recommend checking out the 625 as well.

Federico Turban

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks =)

Actually, I got a Lumia 625, and she is actually more or less confortable using it when she use it, so, a 4.7" screen is the limit, but also, that model is nowhere to be found here in Mexico nowdays.

Meaby I can find a 720 or a 820, just need to look well. If not, meaby a Lumia 620 could do the work =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon