Pattern lock

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm giving this thread a bump. I totally agree pattern lock or picture password should be made part of Windows phone. Pin numbers and passwords are outdated. This would be an easy thing to implement and would eliminate at least one of the many pins and passwords we are required to remember every day.

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Really don't know why people want Android features in Windows Phone. Every OS is unique in itself. If wp had pattern lock all android users would start saying "a stolen feature from our devices. Can't they innovate ?"

I have no problem in using password lock. Be happy with what you have.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Really don't know why people want Android features in Windows Phone. Every OS is unique in itself. If wp had pattern lock all android users would start saying "a stolen feature from our devices. Can't they innovate ?"

I have no problem in using password lock. Be happy with what you have.

So just because a feature is available on Android it should be automatically barred from WP? I don't want it because it's on Android, I want it because passwords and pins are outdated modes of protection. Plus, in case you haven't noticed, there are tons of features that overlap or "copy" each other between iOS, Android, and WP.

Picture password is available on Windows 8/8.1 tablets anyway, so it is hardly an Android-specific feature.

raker

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes there are so many features or UI designs that are taken from each other.
But Microsoft will not bring "pattern lock" to Windows Phone. No, they will never.
If they will, every Android user after looking at someone's WP will say "they also stole this feature" etc etc.
I don't want to face such a situation
They might bring some new security features for unlocking the device.
They have to innovate :/
e.g. The new cursor navigation button in keyboard for W10 for phones is something innovative and required too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12