Anyone Deal With the Lenovo Superfish Issue?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
If this is not your main device then hold off for a week (if warranty still covers it) then return it.. With the recent rise of articles and complaints I don't think it will take too long before they push out an update or offer to replace the device

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yea we shall see, however I thoroughly am disappointed with their deceitful biz practices.

Yea I was mildly surprised when I read the articles online.. For a company with such a good rep, this could end up being a disaster.. Well it already is, but if they work fast they could limit the damage

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I always think of the junk that comes on so many Windows PCs as a mix of random free trial programs and unwanted applications. I never expected a major vendor to install Man-In-The-Middle exploits onto a brand new PC.

It reaffirms my actions, whenever I buy a new PC, I always immediately install Windows from Microsoft media, blowing away the factory system and the recovery partitions. It is unfortunate that actions like this are necessary.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Smart jmsgub, if you run a decent antimalware and keylog cleaner after this should do the job, however what I don't understand is why they tried to pull a fast one from the start?.. Now their retracing actions/statements and plugging holes in a sinking ship. F'd up move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos