How do I get the features of the 8.1 on my Lumia 630 Black?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 630 Black - No Quiet Hours

Hi,

I've got a Nokia Lumia 630 Black, currently running Windows Phone 8.10.12397.895. Apparently my software is up to date. My region is United Kingdom.

My understanding was that with 8.1 Cortana and Quiet Hours amongst other features would be added as part of the OS.

Another windows phone in the household is running a later version8.10.14219.341. On that phone these features are available.

I'm confused as to why a newer model handset doesn't appear to be able to get the features of 8.1. Are you able to advise how I can get these features on my Lumia 630?

Many thanks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You need the denim update (Wp 8.1 update 1)to use this function in the UK. (Only in the US they can use it with wp 8.1).
At the moment the denim update is rolling out but in the UK only the 630 on Vodafone has this update.
We do not know when the update for your device will be released.
Furthermore the updates are done device by device so that's probably the reason why your other phone already got the update but yours not. (you need the same OS version as your other phone)

In below link you can see for which devices denim I already released but you can not see when a new release is planned.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pdate%2Fwp8-software-update%2F&token=M6s4LTZ1

So all you can do is wait for this update.

I hope this clarity it.
If not please register and reply on this post.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion