Why has your web site become so slow?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why has your web site become so slow?

it seems like since the 1st of the year the site takes forever to load so you can scroll down the page. it is the main site and the forums. please fix it, you have the best site for phones but it is getting bad when you have to wait so long for it to load. please help!

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: why has your web site become so slow?

I take it you mean the Windows Central web site?
I personally don't have an issue, I'm in the UK. Maybe it's your internet connection that's slow...

G.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

The blog itself had a redesign. The old design did perform a lot better. Ironically it does not work as good as I'd expect on internet explorer. There is lag and the scrolling is not smooth.

But I heard they are working on it.

As for the software the forum uses. It is vbulletin which is extremely outdated. I would love to see them convert to something like invision power board(ipb) or xenforo(xf)....i am an ipb fan boy lol.

A lot of the tech sites have been moving over to the modern forum software.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I too find the whole of Windows Central very slow to load at home or wherever I use it out and about at work and om my mobile. I noticed this since the redesign and the increase in ads. I also get many 'Phantom' page openings when trying to swipe up and down a page. Doesn't happen on any other sites. It's a shame really as this is has now become my number 2 blog for WP8 news because of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon