Did Microsoft forsake its iconic phones for the Lumia Denim or Win 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Did microsoft forsake its iconic phones for lumia denim or win 10

I had windows phone for past three years and I absolutely loved it. My current phone is L1520.3. I have been waiting for Denim and windows 10 for a long time now. Why is Microsoft so reluctant in releasing Denim ( which all the low end models got) or win 10(again most low end devices got it). for its iconic flagship model. Will they release it atleast before the end of this month(Feb)? Its really frustrating and its about time they released another flagship model. (will they do it or stick to low end models)

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Did microsoft forsake its iconic phones for lumia denim or win 10

Mobile World Congress is in a couple weeks, so I would imagine MS will be showing off their new "Windows 10 ready" phones...
As for Denim, I agree it's taken too long, MS really should have split the two updates, though it still wouldn't have helped you get Denim...

G.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Did microsoft forsake its iconic phones for lumia denim or win 10

It is mainly based on region as to when and where and which models get the Denim first. If you look up the MS website for the update availability you will notice that 1520 would have it elsewhere in the world. I can understand your frustration as I am waiting for my Denim on the other hand I dont understand the strategy. Why some country variants get it and some have to wait even if there is no carrier approval necessary.
As far as Win10 is concerned I rather wait for the low end devices to test it out and the high end devices get a much more stable version of the TP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos