Why is the update depending on our Country when it should depend on the phone model?

Samy Ibrahim

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
why the update depending on our Country when it should depend on the phone model?

I think it will be mor easy if we receive the update for the same model in all countries in the same time same as the developer preview update.

a1rphones

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: why the update depending on our Country when it should depend on the phone model?

This is very frustrating as a customer. Am tired of waiting for denim update. It's been released over 3 or 4 months in other countries. Now we cannot say android is that fragmented.. They keep on saying be patient... Now am doubtful to buy any Lumia brand.. This experience is just so frustrating.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: why the update depending on our Country when it should depend on the phone model?

Let's be clear about something here.

First, there are a lot of Lumia models which is why it takes so long. Each phone for each country has a unique firmware that needs to be approved by that country's communications regulatory body.

Second, unless you have a high end Lumia, the Denim update isn't going to do too much for you anyway. Update for the sake of update means nothing.

W10 is what you should be wanting.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
To Samy
Yes it would, like Apple does but Microsoft is not Apple and does not have enough market share to force this upon carriers and has much more models then iphone.
And firmware updates are not the same as OS updates (pfd)
So yes it would be nice but don't count on it that this will ever happen.

To A1rphones.
It's indeed frustrating but it is what it is and the preview for developers helps to get OS features earlier.
But if you can not live with this then you indeed need to change OS.

Last edited:

Samy Ibrahim

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I'm note talking about the Denim update, I am talking about any update will be released for the phone including W10 as my Lumia 1520 will face the same issue with W10 update also.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm note talking about the Denim update, I am talking about any update will be released for the phone including W10 as my Lumia 1520 will face the same issue with W10 update also.

Until MS rationalises it's phone offering and manages to convince carriers that using a global variant is the way to go we'll be stuck with this situation.

Bottom line is updates take time. It gets released by model and by country. Why? I don't have an answer for you. That's just the way it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo