Question about Nokia and Microsoft deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanna moholkar

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys we all know that MS and Nokia deal with each other of Nokia smart phone section up to 2017
But what happen after 2017 whether Nokia take its smartphone section back from MS???

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys we all know that MS and Nokia deal with each other of Nokia smart phone section up to 2017
But what happen after 2017 whether Nokia take its smartphone section back from MS???

It wasn't a 'deal' MS bought the Nokia handset division and other things that went with that.

The thing with 2016 is when Nokia will be allowed to start manufacturing smartphones again if they wish to. If they do, and it's not a big if, it won't be a WP judging by the recent tablet they've released.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I don't think so, also as far as I know, it's not 2017 but 2016

And I agree with post before me, it's unlikely Nokia will make WP again considering they released Android tablet this year (or yesteryear? I forget)

But what I'm curious though, will they make smartphone/tablet again with their own manufacture or do they make and license them to third party like they do with Foxconn

I'm happy if Nokia make Android phone, I'd like to have a real good Android phone from Nokia (not like half-assed Nokia X series right now), I'm a Nokia fan boy lol

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so, also as far as I know, it's not 2017 but 2016

And I agree with post before me, it's unlikely Nokia will make WP again considering they released Android tablet this year (or yesteryear? I forget)

But what I'm curious though, will they make smartphone/tablet again with their own manufacture or do they make and license them to third party like they do with Foxconn

I'm happy if Nokia make Android phone, I'd like to have a real good Android phone from Nokia (not like half-assed Nokia X series right now), I'm a Nokia fan boy lol

They don't have manufacturing facilities any more so I think it will be the Foxconn thing again. Which isn't a bad thing.

The tablet was really nice looking. No idea how well it did. The price was decent too. I can see them either doing a single phone mid to high range or three phones targeting low, mid and high.

That's if they go down that path. Last indication was no but you never know.

spideymaniac

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
They don't have manufacturing facilities any more so I think it will be the Foxconn thing again. Which isn't a bad thing.

The tablet was really nice looking. No idea how well it did. The price was decent too. I can see them either doing a single phone mid to high range or three phones targeting low, mid and high.

That's if they go down that path. Last indication was no but you never know.

Ah I see, so it's gonna be like iPhone or something? I mean the build quality etc etc, I've never had iDevices (yet) so I don't know whether it's good or not

Yeah I like N1 too, it seems elegant and has Nokia feel, but I don't know whether it'll come to my country (Indonesia) or not, well even if it does I won't buy it though lol, I prefer to have smartphone so I'm waiting to have new Nokia smartphone (likely with Android)

Three phones targeting each range market seems plausible so I hope they take that path

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Ah I see, so it's gonna be like iPhone or something? I mean the build quality etc etc, I've never had iDevices (yet) so I don't know whether it's good or not

Yeah I like N1 too, it seems elegant and has Nokia feel, but I don't know whether it'll come to my country (Indonesia) or not, well even if it does I won't buy it though lol, I prefer to have smartphone so I'm waiting to have new Nokia smartphone (likely with Android)

Three phones targeting each range market seems plausible so I hope they take that path

We'll have to wait and see. They may drop another tablet before that or something else. We don't know.

I have to say HERE apps on Android are really nice. They did a great job.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

There is a whole forum for this: General Microsoft News and Discussion - Windows Central Forums

Please read this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html

Dear OP... Please take this as kind advice. Many times you have started Poll type or General Discussion topics in Ask a Question. I think you misunderstand the purpose of this section of the board. It is meant for urgent problems and help with fixing devices that aren't functioning properly.

Members have the whole wide forum to post in and make interesting topics for everyone to enjoy. I see that is your desire. Just because you can frame it as question does not mean that Ask a Question is the best fit. Ask yourself... Is what I am posting time sensitive? (Do I need a valid answer within an hour or two if some situation is to be saved and not progress to disaster?) Is what I am posting going to make my device functional where it is not currently able to function? If the answer is not "yes" to any of these, please find a better place to start your threads.

IMHO, by starting your threads in more appropriate forums they will be better. They will endure longer, they will gather more readers, the replies will be greater and more varied... The threads will have greater value than quick click-bait that gets shoved down the page by the fast pace of thread creation in Ask a Question.

And that is another point... Every time someone who is a member posts a "Why is the sky blue" sort of thread here it shoves every question down the page a notch. Every bump of the "blue sky" threads push questions off the front page of Ask a Question. The focus here is HELP. People can't get help if their thread gets ignored, if no one sees it. Few readers dig beyond the first page of a forum.

Someone whose phone is broken, who needs that phone for a lifeline, who has to have that phone back up and running... They had their thread bumped off the front page so that you could ask a general interest question about future events 2 years away. Ask yourself... Does this seem fair?

Yes there are many frivolous questions in this forum. Most are posted by "Windows Central Question" and some assume that is a user who treats this area as their personal posting ground. It is not a single user... It is any unregistered guest and they can not post anywhere else on the board. Hundreds of lurkers dump their questions here daily. They don't have the privilege that you have being able to post to any section of the board. That's why all their chaff ends up here.

Please, and again, consider this friendly advice meant to help you.

Thank You,
R.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
There is a whole forum for this: General Microsoft News and Discussion - Windows Central Forums

Please read this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html

Dear OP... Please take this as kind advice. Many times you have started Poll type or General Discussion topics in Ask a Question. I think you misunderstand the purpose of this section of the board. It is meant for urgent problems and help with fixing devices that aren't functioning properly.

Members have the whole wide forum to post in and make interesting topics for everyone to enjoy. I see that is your desire. Just because you can frame it as question does not mean that Ask a Question is the best fit. Ask yourself... Is what I am posting time sensitive? (Do I need a valid answer within an hour or two if some situation is to be saved and not progress to disaster?) Is what I am posting going to make my device functional where it is not currently able to function? If the answer is not "yes" to any of these, please find a better place to start your threads.

IMHO, by starting your threads in more appropriate forums they will be better. They will endure longer, they will gather more readers, the replies will be greater and more varied... The threads will have greater value than quick click-bait that gets shoved down the page by the fast pace of thread creation in Ask a Question.

And that is another point... Every time someone who is a member posts a "Why is the sky blue" sort of thread here it shoves every question down the page a notch. Every bump of the "blue sky" threads push questions off the front page of Ask a Question. The focus here is HELP. People can't get help if their thread gets ignored, if no one sees it. Few readers dig beyond the first page of a forum.

Someone whose phone is broken, who needs that phone for a lifeline, who has to have that phone back up and running... They had their thread bumped off the front page so that you could ask a general interest question about future events 2 years away. Ask yourself... Does this seem fair?

Yes there are many frivolous questions in this forum. Most are posted by "Windows Central Question" and some assume that is a user who treats this area as their personal posting ground. It is not a single user... It is any unregistered guest and they can not post anywhere else on the board. Hundreds of lurkers dump their questions here daily. They don't have the privilege that you have being able to post to any section of the board. That's why all their chaff ends up here.

Please, and again, consider this friendly advice meant to help you.

Thank You,
R.
Preach it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire