Windows 7 cannot access internet after installation.

Spiros Mixailidis

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I recently installed windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my computer, it works great the only problem is that I can't access internet, probably because I don't have some drivers if you know how to help me, please do! I appreciate it!!

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The LAN driver ....
did you get a CD with your motherboard ? (you should have got it)
If so install all the drivers from that cd
once you insert that CD it will autorun and ask you what all to install.
Check all drivers . graphics lan audio chipset etc etc....

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound crazy but my father-in-law gave me a laptop so my daughter could watch her YouTube videos. It had a fresh install but during the setup, the language/region selected was English-UK instead of US. Couldn't get internet because the keyboard characters had changed and some of the symbols needed for the password were now in different locations on the kb. Took me forever to figure out until I noticed the "#" key was actually spitting out the symbol for the British Pound currency. As Carlos Mencia would say "Dee Dee Dee".

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There could be all sorts of reasons for not being able to access the internet from that PC.
Some questions that could help get to the bottom of it:
​Is it the same hardware as before the Win7 install?
Did it work before then?
Assuming not wireless, is the cable plugged in to the correct socket? At both ends?
Are other devices connected to that router/modem able to access the internet?
​Can you access Device Manager (right-click My Computer>Manage>Device Manager) and see any items with yellow exclamation marks?
​Windows Key+R type "cmd" (without quotes), click OK then "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) and press Enter. That should show you various settings related to the network adaptors in the PC. You may need to scroll up the window to see all the details, but you need to know if there's an IP address, Default Gateway and DNS Server for your network connection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre