Can you unlock Lumia's without a SIM card?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T phone. Using it on AT&T. Got an unlock code from AT&T. I do not have another carriers SIM card, at this time. I could buy one off Amazon for $6, but if I don't need to...

I was shocked to find carriers sell SIM cards. I can walk into AT&T and get a new SIM for free. Granted I am a customer...

There's gotta be a number sequence I can type to bring up the menu/screen.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
If you have the unlock code, any different carrier SIM inserted into it, doesn't have to be an active SIM, will prompt the unlock code entry. Just be careful of the 10 attempt limit. Screwing up 10 times will permanently lock it to ATT.

EDIT-There's no pin pad sequence im aware of that will let you unlock it without a different SIM card. Heck, just borrow a friends SIM for a few minutes.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually found a screen, but it isn't working. ##7820#. I will try it without a SIM inserted, I just don't have a key at the moment.

I'll grab my buddies. He told me his wouldn't work, but iPhone 6 has a nano SIM. I have adapters.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I actually found a screen, but it isn't working. ##7820#. I will try it without a SIM inserted, I just don't have a key at the moment.

I'll grab my buddies. He told me his wouldn't work, but iPhone 6 has a nano SIM. I have adapters.

##7820# does work - you need to enter the unlock code (in the box provided) & the lock will unlock (graphic)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird. Do you have to remove the SIM? I must have copied the number wrong. Some reason it didn't take for me.

Edit: Holy $hit, I'm a dumba$$... I tried it on my 1520, but I'm trying to unlock my 1020! Lol. XD

Thanks guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddacker