Which major banks have Windows phone apps?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

which major banks have windows phone apps

bank of America is stopping support for their windows phone app, so I need a new bank. which banks will have windows phone apps?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just switched off of BoA and let them know in no uncertain terms that the reason was them dropping support for all things Windows.

I switched over to Ally. Windows Phone App and you can deposit checks with scanned images on your PC when you log in to Ally with your browser. BoA never offered that for private accounts, only businesses.

Let BoA know why you are leaving them. It's important they understand how upset customers get when treated like a simple math equation. "We can cut support and loose X amount of Windows Phone users." Some executive just got a bonus for doing this to us, trust me.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: which major banks have windows phone apps

I had a conversation with a high level BofA tech.

Bottom line is, they don't want to spend the money on a WP app because userbase is too small. He basically advised me to call Wells Fargo, pretty clear they couldn't care less.

So, for those who use Wells Fargo, what are your thoughts? Any who have switched from BofA find any disadvantages? Ally sounds cool but I want a bank with branches. Thanks.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

...I want a bank with branches. Thanks.

The irony is that BoA set me up to not need a branch or want one. Their checking is free if you don't use a teller. Every time I went inside it would be a charge. Then they yanked my branchless support.

Another thing about Ally... They know they don't have branches. Phone support 24/7. 100 free checks on sign up and in this day and age it will take me years to make a dent in that supply. Ally also reimburses you for any ATM fees you incur (I'm sure there is some monthly limit), but I hardly ever use ATMs. You can almost always get cash back after purchase from one of your regular shopping locations. PayPal makes paying some individuals and vendors easy. Ally also has Popmoney which lets you pay individuals with their phone number or email address and it goes bank account to bank account with the usual transfer times.

I'm curious (as I honestly have not gone into a branch other than for account set up or closure in years) as to what the branch will give you that would not otherwise happen with your regular day to day banking needs?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was with BoA before I was on Windows Phone. And again, they (BoA) encouraged me to go all electronic when I signed up. And when I moved to Windows Phone they had the App. I was happy. Then they pulled the App for WP and the one for Windows desktop and told me to use my browser. Can I deposit checks via my browser I asked BoA? No they said, that is only for business accounts. Translation, we have that tech, but will not offer it to you as a compensation for killing your electronic support.

So BoA wants me to be electronic, but they purposely killed my support for operating my accounts in the manner they (BoA) set them up to be used. I really felt like they slapped me in the face and made it personal. It was a clear sign they value my business at less than 0% and are trying to show me the door.

I can tell when I'm not wanted.

Rod Iron

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
OK So I'm thinking of going with Ally since Chase decided to **** on WP users. I'm not new to online only banks, I used to be with NetBank before they went belly up. Just wondering though how do people like Ally???

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's been less than a month, but so far I like Ally just fine.

One small gripe: my mobile deposits don't show in the App until they post, but no biggie.

I'm happy with the ease and the service.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm happy with Wells Fargo. They have a fully featured app and mobile deposit. They're also not jacka**'s, they said they have no plans on screwing us WP users over.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site

I just switched to wells Fargo and they are better than bank of America in every way. Friendlier cust svc associates, more advanced Atms, better branches. I recommend wells Fargo.

Stiv X

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been a USAA customer since late 1990's when I was in the Army. Great bank. I use them for everything I can. I have homeowners insurance with them and when my house flooded, they took care of it and didn't raise my rates. I love USAA.

I know many other who use Wells Fargo and Ally bank. I have heard nothing but good things about those banks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077