Making ecological app for hackathon, how do I reward users into being ecological?

Guido Magrin

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I am soon joining an hackathon about ecological stuff. I already have a nice idea which includes public transportation that might work to win something, but I can't figure out with my mates how we could actually reward users. We are giving users "eco points", how could the users spent them? We just don't want to give around better avatars or such, we are looking for something "deeper".

I am really looking forward your feedback on this! Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT:

What could we give to the users? We supposed to give the best performers free public transporations tickets, but that won't work as we don't have enough income for that!

Last edited:

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You need to provide more information on your project to get better suggestions. Points redeemable by local merchants would be nice such as smoothies or coffee. If you're looking to give away virtual goods, then how about something like redeeming it for temporary virtual graffiti - you can post a text or photo tag for a period of time that will be displayed whenever another user rides the same bus line.

Guido Magrin

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I edited the post, adding stuff :) Well, basically the users are awarded points for accomplishing some actions that are defined ecological, such as catching a bus instead of a car.

Instead than mere points, that may grant you better avatars such as in Waze, what we could give users more? That's what we are trying to figure out, how it would be a cool way to award them! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss