Unused, how long does a battery charge last?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm new to mobile devices, this lumia 521 was provided from caregivers for easier contact. It sits unused for days at a time-bad eyes, easily strained-it is then dead after no use. Has nokia battery. I guess I eventually will want to know how long it lasts for other uses too. Thanks in advance.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Battery depends on use. Could be 4 hours if used solidly. Could be 5 days if not used at all.

Plug your phone in each night and unplug it in the morning. That is what most people do.

If you don't use it at all, you might be able to charge every couple of days, but it's easier to get in a routine and then the phone is always ready to use.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Battery depends on use. Could be 4 hours if used solidly. Could be 5 days if not used at all.

Plug your phone in each night and unplug it in the morning. That is what most people do.

If you don't use it at all, you might be able to charge every couple of days, but it's easier to get in a routine and then the phone is always ready to use.

It takes an two hours at max to charge. So charging overnight for what, 8 or 9 hours can burn your battery. If you can, just charge after work and then shut off completely before bed.

Anyway.... my battery on the 521 unused lasts a while, a week. But if used moderately, you could be at 50% if used from 9AM-3PM.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
It takes an two hours at max to charge. So charging overnight for what, 8 or 9 hours can burn your battery. If you can, just charge after work and then shut off completely before bed.

Anyway.... my battery on the 521 unused lasts a while, a week. But if used moderately, you could be at 50% if used from 9AM-3PM.

You cannot "Burn a battery".

Chargers do not 'overcharge' batteries these days. You can charge pretty much how you like, when you like. If you always let your battery go flat it will wear out quicker than if you charge daily.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
You cannot "Burn a battery".

Chargers do not 'overcharge' batteries these days. You can charge pretty much how you like, when you like. If you always let your battery go flat it will wear out quicker than if you charge daily.

I didn't say that you shouldn't charge daily.

Hmm... Logic tells me that if I leave a wire pumping electricity without a current blocker, it will do some sort of damage to the phone. Besides, you are wasting electricity by charging uselessly.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I didn't say that you shouldn't charge daily.

Hmm... Logic tells me that if I leave a wire pumping electricity without a current blocker, it will do some sort of damage to the phone. Besides, you are wasting electricity by charging uselessly.

Todays charge management ICs are incredibly sophisticated and very high efficiency and so no, when the phone doesn't need power, it gets none and the waste is tiny.

As I said, You can charge pretty much how you like, when you like. With peace of mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss