Hey, Cortana... Does not work.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have "hey, Cortana" working with Denim? I have tried the training thing before you enable it and can't listen to me. Looks like is buggy as hell.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine stopped working this morning, did a soft reset and working fine again.
My gf had a hard time training hers at first on her 930, I tried with my voice on hers and it picked it up, she then reset the training and with a little patience she eventually got it working on hers also.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine stopped working this morning, did a soft reset and working fine again.
My gf had a hard time training hers at first on her 930, I tried with my voice on hers and it picked it up, she then reset the training and with a little patience she eventually got it working on hers also.
There is something going with the training... It maybe buggy as hell.

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It does not even say that don't understand... When I spoke it does not say anything and it says to try again.

Ok does the normal Cortana voice search work? When you record a video do you get sound? Just making sure your Mic is working. If your phone is in a case make sure no dust or something else isn't blocking the Mic? My Mic went out on my 1520 a while back so I had to replace it.

Here are the Mic locations:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/275336-where-4-recording-mics-1520-i-dont-want-cover-them-when-im-shooting-video.html

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I think the speech recognition on wp8.1 is really bad. For example, standing in a spot in a room and saying 'Hey Cortana', it doesn't understand simple things. "Hey Cortana"...(pause and wait to see if she heard me)..."Call my brother." Her response most of the time is, "Ok, who would you like to call?" Not a big deal really, I may have to repeat myself for Cortana to work correctly, but she does complete most tasks.

TheBigOkie

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Finally got mine to work. It took a while to get the training to take. It works fine; however, I thought it was supposed to greet you by name. That doesn't happen. You just get a tone and it's listening.

The rest of the Denim updates seem good. Autocorrect still sucks canal water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire