Why don't I have the tap to wake after the screen replacement Lumia 520?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

no tap to wake after screen replacement lumia 520

Hi after replacing the screen on my Lumina 520 tap to wake stopped working. Now the seller send a replacement screen with the same issue. The seller has let me know it is a tested device and I should look at other faults. According to the description it is a genuine screen.

Any ways to test, like reverting back to windows phone 8 or other reasons for defected tap to wake?

Thanks for all the help.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: no tap to wake after screen replacement lumia 520

It just has to work on your current OS.
If tap to wake does not work then I would say that this part is not a genuine original OEM part manufactured by Nokia but a "copy" or look alike or whatever.
During the assembly you could have damaged it but then you damaged it 2 times and only the tape to wake part so that is possible but not very likely.

Ahzriaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply. I contacted the seller and he asked me to do a reset of phone and software.
Not expecting any difference this time but back to factory settings and lets see what happens.

To be sure, there is not a hardware part in the phone (other then the screen) that is responsible for tap to wake?

Ahzriaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I contacted the seller and he persists it should work or, when not working it is a software malfunction.

I read on a forum that the fake ones did work before the black update (or amber not sure) update. Can I test this by reverting back to a previous software? Is this true? If it works with old software I can be pretty sure its a fake and return it. Wouldn't like to blame the seller if its my own fault/broken hardware.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I contacted the seller and he persists it should work or, when not working it is a software malfunction.

I read on a forum that the fake ones did work before the black update (or amber not sure) update. Can I test this by reverting back to a previous software? Is this true? If it works with old software I can be pretty sure its a fake and return it. Wouldn't like to blame the seller if its my own fault/broken hardware.

Indeed the "fakes" did work before but if you want to revert your phone back you need to find an "old" ROM's and flash your phone with this ROM. The problem however is to find this "old" ROM's and if you do not have experience with it you may brick your phone.
Not sure where you bought them but check if there are reviews of these touch screens or this seller.
But below is the real deal.
Nokia Lumia 520 Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel With Frame Chassis - Original
Nokia Lumia 520 Replacement Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Panel - Original

And indeed if they are" fakes" then you could say it is a software "malfunction" but this is created by the "fake" and not by the software.

Ahzriaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply's. I've been trying different things and have decided to leave it for what it is. I can't prove antything without spending a lot more time on it and thats not worth it. The 520 is no longer my daily phone so can deal without tap to wake.

So thanks again and for all people looking at replacement screen. triple check it's genuine to be sure. I think that the soft material on the inside of the screen is a good indicator (which mine lacked).

Harry thanks again and keep up the good work.

Kind regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05