How to delete duplicate video files (or just delete video files period) and refresh Library view?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey, Noob here. Seems like it should be the easiest thing in the world; just added a new microsd to my machine (128GB woohoo!) and wanted to put all my audio/videos on it. Most were still on the PC so put them on flash drives for transfer. Fine, done. Probelm is that the original files, now moved to the card, still have icons from the original folder in the Library, of course now it simply throws an error msg when clicked. 'No problem' I thought, just go in and delete the...wait, there's nothing to delete, the files in the original folder are gone! Why are the icons still there? How do I get rid of them? I need to somehow reset the Library cache, I guess, so it re-scans the folders but don't know how to do it.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey, Noob here. Seems like it should be the easiest thing in the world; just added a new microsd to my machine (128GB woohoo!) and wanted to put all my audio/videos on it. Most were still on the PC so put them on flash drives for transfer. Fine, done. Probelm is that the original files, now moved to the card, still have icons from the original folder in the Library, of course now it simply throws an error msg when clicked. 'No problem' I thought, just go in and delete the...wait, there's nothing to delete, the files in the original folder are gone! Why are the icons still there? How do I get rid of them? I need to somehow reset the Library cache, I guess, so it re-scans the folders but don't know how to do it.

Try deleting that folder.
The icon thumbnails are cached in a hidden folder inside the folder.
Or if you want to delete the icon cache alone you can do it by viewing hidden files from your PC
​It will be a hidden folder with a dot before the foldername.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss