Why does my volume decrease to zero when I insert my headphones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

media + apps volume control problem

Whenever I insert headphones, even if the volume was at 30/30, it immediately decreases to zero, I therefore cant play music through the headphones. I also cannot increase the volume as long as the headphones are inserted. I have tried restarting the phone but it didn't help.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: media + apps volume control problem

It's a safety feature. If someone put the headphones in at full blast and then damaged their ears, they would then be ready to sue Microsoft or the OEM. It's how silly people are.

It's why they have that warning that pops up when you increase the volume. That tells you it
Can Damage your ears if you play it too loudly.

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

It's a safety feature. If someone put the headphones in at full blast and then damaged their ears, they would then be ready to sue Microsoft or the OEM. It's how silly people are.

It's why they have that warning that pops up when you increase the volume. That tells you it
Can Damage your ears if you play it too loudly.

He also said that he cant increase his volume when connected to headphones

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site

Are they the correct spec headphones for a Lumia? Some headphones have the jack wired differently, Sony was one of the culprits for doing this in the past.

CozyPlanes

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site

The volume to 0 when headphones or earphones inserted is absolutely normal.

The next problem may be happening because the gold line in your headphones is different with your phone's headphones jack.

Check whether you have the correct headphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077