Why is my Nokia 521 Windows 8.1 very laggy?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia 521 Windows 8.1 very very laggy, and getting worse.

I backed up all my photos to One Drive, kept all my games and some apps on sd card. Tried to download the Windows Phone recovery tool, both times got different error messages. Reading in between tries that other people were experiencing the same thing. So, I said screw it, and just went for the hard reset. I read that whatever you had on your sd card would stay there, you just put it back in after the clean install. SO, I did exactly that. Then I went back to finish my settings. Store new photos, apps n games, music on either phone or sd card. When I tapped on sd card for new games/apps, it said that I couldn't because there was stuff already on it and I would have to erase everything on the card first??? The card isn't even half full. HOLD ON IT GETS BETTER!! So then I thought I would set that stuff to the side and cool off a bit. I then went to retrieve my back up from Microsoft, THERE WAS NOTHING!!! Luckily, I wrote down all my contacts, and the names of all my games and apps I have, ya know, just in case something happens. Did I miss a step somewhere? Thanks all!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia 521 Windows 8.1 very very laggy, and getting worse.

I backed up all my photos to One Drive, kept all my games and some apps on sd card. Tried to download the Windows Phone recovery tool, both times got different error messages. Reading in between tries that other people were experiencing the same thing. So, I said screw it, and just went for the hard reset. I read that whatever you had on your sd card would stay there, you just put it back in after the clean install. SO, I did exactly that. Then I went back to finish my settings. Store new photos, apps n games, music on either phone or sd card. When I tapped on sd card for new games/apps, it said that I couldn't because there was stuff already on it and I would have to erase everything on the card first??? The card isn't even half full. HOLD ON IT GETS BETTER!! So then I thought I would set that stuff to the side and cool off a bit. I then went to retrieve my back up from Microsoft, THERE WAS NOTHING!!! Luckily, I wrote down all my contacts, and the names of all my games and apps I have, ya know, just in case something happens. Did I miss a step somewhere? Thanks all!
Correct way :
1) your contacts are synced with your Microsoft account hence you will not find it under backup, after hard reset you will be given an option to restore your data, and clicking this option will restore your data...(app data game saves etc) so I think what you missed is. After hard reset when your phone asked you to restore , you skipped that portion.
Also you must remember that if u have apps installed in your sd card , then hard reseting the phone wont delete the apps on the sd card. You must manually format the sd card under settings option. If you don't do this then next time after hard reset your phone will give you a warning that you must delete the apps installed in your sd card and you have got that warning I suppose.!
So relax and do it properly i am sure you wont face any problems!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12