Is there a way to disable operator billing or change the default payment?

MaelstromCdn

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I just recently got a new Windows 8.1 phone through my work. It defaults all app payments to the operator account. Because I'm using the phone for personal stuff mostly I don't want to charge anything to my employer's wireless account. Is there a way to disable operator billing or at least set the default to something else? I have my Paypal account on there but can't figure out how to set it as the default.

Thanks,
Jason

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, go to wallet in your app list. Change payment method. You may need to use a PC and enter a new method of payment, being an employers phone, that wont go over to well.

See what is in the wallet app first. Then get back to me.

MaelstromCdn

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Fractured. In my Wallet app there's the operator billing one and my Paypal account (which I'd prefer as the default). There doesn't seem to be any way to delete the operator one, just the Paypal one. There also doesn't seem to be any way to set a default or change the order.

As for using the PC, there isn't an issue, it's registered under my personal Microsoft account. Getting it from work is more of a perk than a requirement by the company. It's basically a personal phone that they pay for. I went into my account on the PC but it only shows the Paypal account. Unless you mean somewhere other than my MS account.

Thanks,
Jason

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720