What happened to smart shoot?

Valerius666

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
What happened to smart shoot, where you could choose the best faces feature, the one that through face detection would allow you to make multiple shots in a single photo group portrait and then allow you to decide which expression to use for EACH individual of the SAME PHOTO? My friends with Androids and iPhones were all envious about this feature!

Where is that feature now in Denim?
I used a 920 and now I have a 1520 and can't find it.

(Description from WP app website.
Smart Shoot lets you take your pictures your way. It shoots five frames for each picture. You can then pick the best faces from each frame, and Smart Shoot automatically creates a great picture. Alternatively, you pick your favorite of the five and then remove any people or objects, ensuring you get the picture you want.)

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
What happened to smart shoot, where you could choose the best faces feature, the one that through face detection would allow you to make multiple shots in a single photo group portrait and then allow you to decide which expression to use for EACH individual of the SAME PHOTO? My friends with Androids and iPhones were all envious about this feature!

Where is that feature now in Denim?
I used a 920 and now I have a 1520 and can't find it.

(Description from WP app website.
Smart Shoot lets you take your pictures your way. It shoots five frames for each picture. You can then pick the best faces from each frame, and Smart Shoot automatically creates a great picture. Alternatively, you pick your favorite of the five and then remove any people or objects, ensuring you get the picture you want.)

Hi, you need to download and install Lumia Camera Classic. with this app, you will have the the smart shoot option.

Valerius666

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Lumia Camera Classic installed, did not knew it existed, thank you! By the way, Blink does not have the "choose the right face" feature. I was hoping for a smart shoot app to add to the "lens" so as to have only one camera app., but thank you anyway.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Lumia Camera Classic installed, did not knew it existed, thank you! By the way, Blink does not have the "choose the right face" feature. I was hoping for a smart shoot app to add to the "lens" so as to have only one camera app., but thank you anyway.

You're welcome. But from either two apps (Lumia Camera & Lumia Camera classic) when you go into the settings, you have a section for lenses which opens and show you tiles from all apps that have a camera shooter within their app.

For example, if you were in Lumia Camera, press the settings menu, then Lenses tile, then press Lumia Camera Classic

Valerius666

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you again for your kind response.
If I do what you mentioned in the last phrase, I have to first download the app Lumia Camera Classic or is it already in the settings menu of Lumia Camera?
Thank you :)

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you again for your kind response.
If I do what you mentioned in the last phrase, I have to first download the app Lumia Camera Classic or is it already in the settings menu of Lumia Camera?
Thank you :)
You're welcome! 😉
you would need to download and install from the store and then after you would have it in the "lenses" option. Also if you go to settings, swipe left then photo and camera, you can choose which camera to launch by default.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
i thought smart shoot is no longer available? as well as the camera classic?
is this also available on my 620? thanks!

Well I have both Lumia Camera and Lumia Camera Classic installed and when I use the Lumia Camera Classic, I have the smart shoot and after taking the shot, I press on the Edit smart sequence in the left corner of the picture and I see all the options of the smart shoot options (best shot, action shot....etc)

On your 620, go to the store and check to see if you can download it.

I honestly think that MS is not good at all with all those apps for the camera. A lot of people are lost including myself with all of this. They should honestly think to incoporate everything into 1 app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre