Why can't I install the Windows phone recovery tool on my laptop (Windows 8.1 pro fully updated)?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i cannot install windows phone recovery tool in my laptop windows 8.1 pro fully updated.

it show an error hash value is incorrect. please help

Guilherme Leme

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello folks.
Well, I don't know if it is a problem with their servers, a problem with our computers or with anything else, but today I could install the software and recover my lumia 640 XL.
I'll try to descript what I did and then we may get into a conclusion
Well, at first, I downloaded the windows phone recovery tool installer.
No deal.
After that, I downloaded the standalone drivers and rebooted the computer in advanced recovery just to disable the digital signature verification for drivers.
No deal.
Next, I downloaded the nokia phone recovery tool, which this time installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and some other things and, guess what? Error.
I don't know what took me to go there and try clicking to run the windows phone tool recovery again and, guess what, IT DID WORK.
Guys, I don't know what happened here, if it is a miracle or not, but my phone is safe and sound now.
I think that nokia software installed something that allowed me to do it, don't know, maybe Microsoft did it.
I hope it can help someone.

Athiamaan R

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded windows recovery tool in my windows 8.1pro PC, but it is not installing. but shows verify for the similar version.
do anyone know windows recovery tool like software for recovering windows 8.1 in my lumia 640XL..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster