UHS-3 Card Support?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have 64GB card (SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A) in a Lumia 830 and see a big freeze / stutter effect in games loaded onto the card where the internal memory seems just fine and behaves just like my older 920. I think the card, which is a U1, isn't fast enough and wondered if the device can handle U3 cards or if anyone knew it would make a difference?

Games where I see this behavior almost daily are:
Royal Revolt 2
Sims FreePlay
Terrarria

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Correct. It's a Class 10 / UHS-I card. So, does the 830 use the UHS and up to what rating would it use the UHS. It may not be going higher then Class 10.

No most phones (except i think some nexus phones) do not support UHS (Ultra High Speed bus) at all they only support the class x bus (high speed bus)). But the class 10 is the minimum speed and there are cards which are much faster then the minimum of 10.
The problem however is to get the "real" read and write spec's and even if you have them, in a phone they will be "slower" then in your computer due to the windows phone OS and there is a difference between read/write speed of "small" and "large" files.
(But for example in the Samsung collection the more expensive the card the faster it will be.)
So what you could do is buy a "faster" card or keep the card and place apps which "need the speed" on your internal memory.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss