Multiple SIM cards using one phone number

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to tie one phone number to two SIM cards.
I ask because I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 from AT&T and OnePlus One and I would like to use both without having to physically change the SIM card everytime.
Plus with Bank of America discontinuing their app, I would like to use my OnePlus One as a backup when I am away from my computer.
Thank you for the help.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to tie one phone number to two SIM cards.
I ask because I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 from AT&T and OnePlus One and I would like to use both without having to physically change the SIM card everytime.
Plus with Bank of America discontinuing their app, I would like to use my OnePlus One as a backup when I am away from my computer.
Thank you for the help.

In the Netherlands you can get 2 sim cards with the same number (at least if you use KPN). So you can have 2 phones with the same number. But of course they can not be active at the same time. The one you switch on the first if "active" but if you want the other phone you have to switch of the active first before switching on the other. And if you switch on both the first phone which is "connected" to the provider is active.
So ask at&t is they have the same services.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's one thing that aggravates me. I would love to have 2 phones with the same number to work the way Harrie-S stated. AT&T in the US, just isn't possible at this point in time, unless KPN comes to the US and competes. We need competition, not just our Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint, which can be like jokes as far as cost and service goes.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Actual I was surprised by the different bands, the ( SIM) locking of phones to carriers and the "partial" coverage in the US.
The "advantage" of a small country and the fact that kpn was in the past the only and state owned telecom provider (pre mobile phone) is probably our "luck".
So when mobile phones came they installed the first towers and later when kpn was privatized and other company's started they all used the same standards.(i even think it was "forced" by our government to use the same standard)

But then again we do not have a local Cortana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs