Straight Talk apn settings?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I got the lumia 830 rm984 model today and I have a prepaid sevice through straight talk I put the sim card in that I was using in my old phone that still has minites and I got no service at all please help

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Please sign up for the site so you can reply in this thread.

Is it an ATT or T-Mo compatible SIM? It's different settings. Also you say no service. Even voice (phone calls does not work)?

Does the phone even see there is a SIM card in the slot?

Have you tried a Soft Reset? Hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds).

Adam Collins1

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
well I just found out I have voice but not in my house so I guess everythings good on straight talks end but its weird I walk outside and I have voice so im gna have to switch but I don't know what carrier to switch too idk why my coverage sucks my area has great att service

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had T-Mo for about 18 or 20 months. Signal penetration in my apartment was horrible. Switching to ATT flavored ST cleared that up. I don't hear many complaints about ATT penetration...

You could try swapping over to a T-Mo flavor SIM with ST. It would be odd if it helped due to the notoriety of T-Mo not penetrating buildings well... Try calling ST and seeing what they say.

Your building isn't metal clad by any chance? I know that borks things. I was at the vet's office a few days ago and could not get a pic from my OneDrive until I went outside and that was a metal structure.

Adam Collins1

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
im sending the phone back to amazon very upset bc I loved the phone but that's what happens when you live in the country I have mountains surrounding me .. I don't know what my house is made up od exactly the outside looks like a stone its very well insulated plus it has a metal roof .. the only ther option I have is Verizon their service in my area is by far the best around here but cnt stand Verizon you wouldt happen to kno a good phone around 300.00 I can buy that's a windows platform and will work on Verizon do you ? oh and by the way thanks for the help Im really starting to love this site

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Adam... Head on over to Swappa dot com and see what they have for used phones there. Swappa forces sellers to do an IMEI check to make sure the phone can be activated... I bet for $300 you could get a nice Icon or HTC One (M8). For less you could pick up a 928.

Also see our Marketplace which is linked in my signature... Some nice, gently used and loved Vzw phones come through there all the time.

You do know you can activate a Vzw device on Straight Talk now? Same $45/month plan and ride on Verizon towers. Log into Straight Talk and start a chat window with support. They'll help you out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett