Is whats app call facility available on windows phone 8.1 ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi,

Is whats app call facility available on windows phone 8.1.Do we need to install any update to get this call functionality enabled in windows phone

Sagar Limaye

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
No it is not. WhatsApp still has to make an update to make it available for windows phone and we do not know when or if that is going to happen.

Is such a feature even possible in WP 8.1? Skype and Viber are the only two apps I know of that can do calls, and Viber calls don't even work outside the app! Maybe some developer here can confirm whether this feature is available for third party apps.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Is such a feature even possible in WP 8.1? Skype and Viber are the only two apps I know of that can do calls, and Viber calls don't even work outside the app! Maybe some developer here can confirm whether this feature is available for third party apps.

Been wondering the same, cause even the calling through FB messenger is still pending for WP & when I asked Hike devs about it, they said working on it, but due to OS limitations might take a while.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Viber works outside the app and you can recieve incoming calls and messages without keeping the app open! Maybe your background tasks are being cut off by battery saver so viber wont work under those circumstances! Aa viber has implemented it...hike..and wechat and finally WhatsApp will also implement it.....its coming very soon I think!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett