Since Rooms are going away, how do you add additional Outlook/MS Account calendars?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Rooms are being killed off. I currently own some rooms and want to know how those or replacement calendars can be added to a WP outside of being a member of the room. Obviously, there will be many instances of some room members switching to WP10 before others. So I would LIKE to be able to switch people over on my timetable, not as each member is offered the upgrade to WP10. MS tells us we will be able to have shared calendars after rooms are gone but I would like to start using calendars in that way on WP8.x so the calendar change is one less thing to deal with as WP10 rolls out.

I have searched but can't find how to add additional Microsoft account calendars to my phone. I can create new calendars under my account on a PC but they don't even show up on my own phone.

So what is the process under WP8 to get a new calendar created under a Microsoft account added to my own phone and then other Windows Phones of people I want to share the calendar with? I'm NOT asking about setting permissions for the calendars; that part seems straightforward on the face of it.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Add the account to the phone in settings, email+accounts. Tap add account at the top. there is a selection for outlook, live and Hotmail accounts. When added only select the calendar to sync.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Add the account to the phone in settings, email+accounts. Tap add account at the top. there is a selection for outlook, live and Hotmail accounts. When added only select the calendar to sync.
For my phone, the account is already there but calendars I create in that account other than the original and the one for the rooms I had created, do not appear on my phone.

In addition, people who will be sharing the calendar obviously can not have my account credentials just to share a calendar. The room calendars do not require that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion