Last week I was forced to do a factory reset on my lumia 940. But I didn't have a chance to back up my files. Is there by any chance a trick to restore my data?
    03-19-2015 04:24 AM
    You should be able to see your purchase history from 'Windowsphone.com' and reinstall your apps individually.
    As for data, I'm afraid it's lost.
    As to all WP users, auto backup and photo's should be used as to account for situations like these.
    Afraid not :( You can find your apps on the store, but any data is lost.

You should be able to get your contacts via the Outlook website.

Why didn't you auto backup? Settings>Backup
    03-19-2015 04:32 AM
    You should be able to see your purchase history from 'Windowsphone.com' and reinstall your apps individually.
    As for data, I'm afraid it's lost.
    As to all WP users, auto backup and photo's should be used as to account for situations like these.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-19-2015 04:38 AM
    Last week I was forced to do a factory reset on my lumia 940. But I didn't have a chance to back up my files. Is there by any chance a trick to restore my data?
    03-19-2015 01:50 PM
    I you did not back it up in OneDrive or on your PC there is no change to restore your data.
    But is this post also from you?
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...-occurred.html

If so please do not start new posts with the same question.
    03-19-2015 02:04 PM
    Duplicate threads merged...

User; if you did not save it on your PC or in the cloud it is gone. There is no "trick". Diligence in using and maintaining backups is key. No one here has a magical way to restore your data from nowhere.

Sorry.

When you restore all your accounts to the phone that were on there before, it will restore whatever those accounts stored for you in the cloud. Otherwise you need to have made manual copies onto your PC.

If you need further help or discussion on this, please join the site so you can reply in this thread and keep all the advice in one place, not fragmented across duplicate threads.
    03-19-2015 04:36 PM