Messenger is not synchronizing with facebook on my Nokia Lumia 830?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Messenger is not synchronizing with facebook on my Nokia Lumia 830. This has only occured over the last few days. Messenger on my phone is still showing message threads that have been deleted in facebook. Any advise why they are not sychronized as they once were?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Messenger is not synchronizing with facebook on my Nokia Lumia 830. This has only occured over the last few days. Messenger on my phone is still showing message threads that have been deleted in facebook. Any advise why they are not sychronized as they once were?

Make sure background tasks for messenger are allowed in the battery saver app.
Workaround : To refresh messages manually, open messenger> recent page > in the bar at the bottom of the page... Click the refresh icon

W

Windows Central Question

Messenger not sychonizing with Facebook on my Nokia Lumia 830

I have made sure background tasks for messenger are allowed in the battery saver app. I have also done the workaround : To refresh messages manually, open messenger> recent page > in the bar at the bottom of the page... Click the refresh icon. Yet messenger still does not update on my phone.

cw1988

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Messenger not sychonizing with Facebook on my Nokia Lumia 830

Potentially it could be a facebook issue. I had issues at the start of my windows phone life but it resolved itself eventually.

My post is not helpful I know lol check your facebook settings on a pc to see if there's anything to change

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Messenger not sychonizing with Facebook on my Nokia Lumia 830

I have this problem from yesterday. And had it earlier. It keeps coming and going so I guess it's fb problem, not the messenger.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged...

User: we are volunteers here. We answer questions as quickly as we are able and as best we can.

Please have a bit of patience and do not clog the forum with duplicates. It actually hurts your cause as the advice gets scattered rather than coordinated.

Thank you.

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue on my 830, the messenger app won't stay alive in the background and only syncs when I open it manually. If I go to battery saver it won't let me enable it at all, it simply fails to register as an app capable of running in the background, I have reinstalled and I have also done a full system whipe with no difference at all.

I should add that I'm running the updated denim without dp and this problem turned up two days ago.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well mine works, just randomly goves or not the notificarion.
That behaviour is really strange. Messenger was updated last time two days or few days ago, maybe it's the last update that broke it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon