how can I turn off my phone with a cracked screen?

W

WPCentral Question

I cannot see my screen on my Nokia lumia 920 and I need to turn it off to activate my new phone. any ideas?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I cannot see my screen on my Nokia lumia 920 and I need to turn it off to activate my new phone. any ideas?

You can turn your Lumia 920 off by pressing the power button for 10 seconds straight even if your screen is busted (provided that the power button is still functioning). However, if you feel your phone vibrate in the process, the duration of the press was too long and the phone was turned on again right after it was turned off; wait for two minutes before pressing the power button again but this time for a shorter period of time, maybe 8 seconds).

However, I'm not sure what you meant by "to activate my new phone". Did you mean that you wanted to erase all your data from your current phone in order to register a new phone with your Microsoft Account? If yes, then there is no need to unregister your old phone before registering a new one. But if you really want to erase the data from your old phone, you can always do that either by performing a hard reset with the phone keys or by using the "Erase" function in your WindowsPhone account.

You may want to create a Windows Central account in order to track responses to your query easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon