I was Robbed by Microsoft, how can I get in contact with the main office?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

Robbed by Microsoft

So I contacted microsoft because my surface pro was faulty, It had a live electric current going through it when it was on charge. So they sent me a new one under the advance exchange policy. I was late in sending the faulty surface pro, although I still sent it off and they charged me ?599.99. When I speak to them they say its in the terms and conditions. I never agreed to any of these terms. I am absolutely livid! first they give me a faulty item then charge me for the new one. I am disgraced by this! I want to contact Microsofts head office or someone to get my money back the theives!!!!!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They charged you because you never returned the original unit. Once they register receipt of it they should correct things. You can't keep two units and expect not to get charged.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Robbed by Microsoft

So I contacted microsoft because my surface pro was faulty, It had a live electric current going through it when it was on charge. So they sent me a new one under the advance exchange policy. I was late in sending the faulty surface pro, although I still sent it off and they charged me ?599.99. When I speak to them they say its in the terms and conditions. I never agreed to any of these terms. I am absolutely livid! first they give me a faulty item then charge me for the new one. I am disgraced by this! I want to contact Microsofts head office or someone to get my money back the theives!!!!!

We're saddened that your experience with your product turned out to be that way. However, by purchasing any product you are agreeing to the terms and conditions and are bound by the policies that regulate the use of the product.

As for having the product repaired/replaced, there are free product replacement periods and then there is a free product/parts repairs period - a.k.a. warranty periods. These periods have been pre-determined, by statistical research and testing given an acceptable confidence interval, as to when a product will not most-likely breakdown. A warranty period is usually 12-24 months from the date of purcahse - not bad considering most electronic devices are made to last only for 2-3 years. If your product breaks down within the warranty period, you can either have it replaced (if within the replacement period) or repaired (if within the warranty period). However, if the product fails outside the warranty period, then you're simply out of luck.

I understand how you felt, for I personally experienced a serious break down for one of my phones, but in my case it was within the warranty period. Microsoft (and the service center) honored the warranty and are repairing/replacing my phone (as I'm typing this) for free - doesn't sound like pilferage to me.

No matter how bad we could have felt because our product fails, it's quite unfair to call Microsoft (and their employees) thieves. Besides, nothing lasts forever - everything is bound to break down - it's just a question of when it will.

Welcome to the fora, by the way.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

To exchange you have to do your part. You agreed to the terms when you said you would send the old one.
You only tell your side.
From the Microsoft side you were trying to steal from them.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

@ OP...

The best way to handle this (if you are still reading this thread) is to contact Microsoft Customer Care.

Have your repair ticket number and the tracking information from the (late) return handy so that they can best help. I'm sure it is just a hold on your payment method until they get the item back they requested...

Patience and politeness will probably get this resolved. microsoft customer care - Bing

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Closed because the OP is ranting and not actually asking a question.
Microsoft would be a much better sounding board for this type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro