Who needs the answer for the WeChat App error - grey tile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

wechat app error - grey tile

Actually this the answer to that "wechat app error - grey tile" problem... first of all when you face this issue....make a back-up of your data stored on SD card "WPSystem" folder....uninstall wechat... reinstall it again but DON'T login with your id or whatever you use to login with on wechat app.... now copy the folder which you backed-up "\\\WPSystem\AppData\Local\Packages\TencentWeChatLimited.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx\LocalState\storage\wxid_cmkxxxxxxxx" and paste it back to the folder to the same exact location on your SD card. then copy the "data" folder located in the "\\\WPSystem\AppData\Local\Packages\TencentWeChatLimited.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx\LocalState" folder. THAT'S IT.. now login and all your chat history is not lost... everything will be just as it was before you uninstalled.... even your drift bottles...shake history..greetings...everything will be same...condition is your wehcat should be installed on SD card...that's where the data is and that what you need to save your chat! LOL ............. why i did this is coz i don't want to create an account here and answer to all those who are suffering with this problem :p .... ENJOY.... this worked for me....100%

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: wechat app error - grey tile

^^ he is right, or alternatively you can force it to backup, by open setting, backup, app & setting, backup now. Should work again in within 10-15 minutes.

Consider create a new account if you ask questions, you can use your Microsoft account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss