Camera button on Lumia 1520

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

My camera button, on the lower right side of phone, is not workin. When I do a short/regular press as well as a long press of 5s, the Lumia Camera app does not load as it normally does. The pho e does not do anything...as if nothing was pressed at all.

I can still access the camera through the quick launch via the notifications screen and through selecting the camera app through the app list.

Any ideas??

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Does the button itself work? If you launch the camera app, does it take a picture by pushing the camera button? This will tell us if the button itself is still working. If yes, then it is probably a setting got messed up that won't let you press and hold to launch the camera. Go into Photos > tap the three dots > and choose settings. Make sure that Press and hold camera button to wake up the phone is checked. You can also try unchecking Prevent accidental camera launch when phone is locked. Your phone may be mistaking presses as accidental presses and ignore them.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Jmshub,

Unfortunately, the camera button does not work to even take a picture!

I have not dropped this phone (yet). I think the problem happened after the Denim update. I just don't think it is a hardware issue but a software one rather.

If you have any other ideas please let me know. I will plan to do a factory reset later today 😞.

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Nope! It didn't work. The camera but to on bottom right still does not work. I cannot press it to launch the camera app nor can I press it to take a picture.

Any other suggestions??

TechnoReact

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
solution

download.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077