How do I fix HTC M8 for Win sending random old texts on reboot?

W

WPCentral Question

My wife's Window HTC M8 resends random text messages any time the phone reboots. This happens even when she manually powers it off, or when it dies due to battery. I'm guessing there are just messages stuck in cache that just get resent out, but is there any way to prevent/stop this from happening?

Thanks guys

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My wife's Window HTC M8 resends random text messages any time the phone reboots. This happens even when she manually powers it off, or when it dies due to battery. I'm guessing there are just messages stuck in cache that just get resent out, but is there any way to prevent/stop this from happening?

Thanks guys

Welcome to Windows Central.

You may try this:

Turn the HTC M8 off, remove the SIM then turn it on. Once the phone is back on, head to the Messaging App and check the drafts for possibly pending messages. Also check the individual threads for unsent messages. Once cleared, turn the phone off, insert the SIM back in and then power it on.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

Thanks guys

Restart the phone and try.Remove the sim and put it again.If the problem persists,Hard reset it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs