My wife's Window HTC M8 resends random text messages any time the phone reboots. This happens even when she manually powers it off, or when it dies due to battery. I'm guessing there are just messages stuck in cache that just get resent out, but is there any way to prevent/stop this from happening?

Thanks guys
    03-26-2015 09:18 PM
    My wife's Window HTC M8 resends random text messages any time the phone reboots. This happens even when she manually powers it off, or when it dies due to battery. I'm guessing there are just messages stuck in cache that just get resent out, but is there any way to prevent/stop this from happening?

Thanks guys
    Welcome to Windows Central.

You may try this:

Turn the HTC M8 off, remove the SIM then turn it on. Once the phone is back on, head to the Messaging App and check the drafts for possibly pending messages. Also check the individual threads for unsent messages. Once cleared, turn the phone off, insert the SIM back in and then power it on.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-27-2015 05:10 AM

Thanks guys
    Restart the phone and try.Remove the sim and put it again.If the problem persists,Hard reset it
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-27-2015 05:11 AM
    is there any way to prevent/stop this from happening?

Thanks guys
    Take her phone off her. She's clearly irresponsible.
    03-27-2015 05:13 AM