Why am I unable to reinstall software using my Windows phone recovery tool 1.1.0?

bhargavram

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Not able to reinstall software using windows phone recovery tool 1.1.0

My phone automatically turns off and doesn't turn on. I need to remove the battery and place it again to start it. So I want to re install the software on my phone. Lumia 520 is the phone make and I have installed the windows phone recovery tool. It gets detected in the application but when I click on it, it says Reading phone information and just keeps trying. Nothing gets displayed even after 30-45 minutes just other than the dots circling each other !! Can anyone help?

bhargavram

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Not able to reinstall software using windows phone recovery tool 1.1.0

Hi Guytronic,

Thanks for the reply. I now get the firmware on my phone and the latest as same versions. Do I still have to re install the software?

Does it make any difference by re installing from the recovery tool and resetting the phone from settings->about menu path?

Thanks.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: Not able to reinstall software using windows phone recovery tool 1.1.0

Since the phone has been recovered from the tool the latest available OS and firmware are on your phone.

The only task left is to set-up your device to your liking.
I'll recommend not using restore from back-up since this might re-install previous problems.

Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750