SOS; Can I get my HTC 8x to work again?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My windows phone HTC 8x has had a lot of rough patches throughout the course of its life, but at the worst case I would have to do a hard reset to get it working properly again. However, today, I looked at it and my mail app was gone, then when I got a text, it said read only, and I couldn't reply. Then I tried to send a text and when I typed in the contact name no number popped up. So I went to my contacts, and the contacts wouldn't even open. So I did a soft reset. Then the phone wouldn't turn back on. I can sometimes get it to turn on, but I can't open most of my apps including text messaging and the phone app. I tried to do a hard reset but it won't even do that. Is there anything else I can do, or is my phone done for?

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My windows phone HTC 8x has had a lot of rough patches throughout the course of its life, but at the worst case I would have to do a hard reset to get it working properly again. However, today, I looked at it and my mail app was gone, then when I got a text, it said read only, and I couldn't reply. Then I tried to send a text and when I typed in the contact name no number popped up. So I went to my contacts, and the contacts wouldn't even open. So I did a soft reset. Then the phone wouldn't turn back on. I can sometimes get it to turn on, but I can't open most of my apps including text messaging and the phone app. I tried to do a hard reset but it won't even do that. Is there anything else I can do, or is my phone done for?

Update it to the latest firmware

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

You could try (worth trying) using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to reinstall the OS on your phone. It's possible that the OS has been corrupted. My L1020 exhibited similar symptoms a few moments before it died (couldn't even turn it on). It would be best to attempt to reinstall the OS while your phone is still partially responding. If not, you may need to bring your phone to a service center to have it repaired... or purchase a newer Windows Phone. :cool:

Last edited:

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
You could try using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to reinstall the OS on your phone. It's possible that the OS has been corrupted. My L1020 exhibited similar symptoms a few moments before it died (couldn't even turn it on). It would be best to attempt to reinstall the OS while your phone is still partially responding. If not, you may need to bring your phone to a service center to have it repaired... or purchase a newer Windows Phone. :cool:

Does lsrt even work for HTC?Just asking

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss