Why is music volume low through headphones?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi! I have a Lumia 535 phone running Windows 8.1. The phone plays audio normally through the speakers, but when I plug in my headphones, notifications remain loud, but my music through the music app or through Spotify are really quiet; so quiet that I can barely hear them even at volume 30. If anyone could offer any suggestions that would be great.

Turning the phone off and on again doesn't work, increasing the app volume before plugging the headphones in doesn't work. I have no equaliser settings on.

As an aside: some people online say they have a setting called Audio Levelling which I don't have (but my phone says the software is up to date). I don't know if this is important.

Thanks!
Hefin

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Worth trying the audio levelling - go to settings > audio > audio levelling and flick it off and see if it makes a difference. Otherwise, you can try a soft reset (holding power+volume down until the phone vibrates and reboots).

Hefin Jones

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks both :) The headphones work on my laptop. Also notification sounds come through my headphones nice and loud, it's just the music. So I'm at the menu point hotphil, but the only options available to me are: Virtual Surround (which doesn't help) and Flip to Silence.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon