Is there a way to sign out of my Microsoft Account on Lumia 535 and to add a different account?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

actually i want to delete the primary account

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want to retain all backup data and App ownership do not reset your phone and sign in on a new account. You loose everything.

Get on a PC browser and sign into the Microsoft Account now on the phone. Add the email address you want to shift to. Make it Primary.

WAIT approximately 48 hours for all the Microsoft Servers to get the new info. The new email Primary will show in your phone under the Microsoft Account in Settings > email + accounts. It will start to show everywhere as various Microsoft servers reflect the change. After the 48 hours, use a PC browser to log into the new Primary Account name. Delete the old email address you no longer want associated. You retain App ownership, phone backups, stored SMS text messages, etc.

Some small glitch may occur. One user reported an Xbox gamer tag did not transfer over. I had an issue with Skype password verification to swap profile info. A call to Microsoft Customer Care should smooth any small glitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans