Lumia 930 cannot connect to wi-fi network

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I cannot connect to Wi-Fi network with Lumia 930 at home.
As I connect to the Wi-Fi , message appears " you cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network xxxx"
I've asked to dealer and got a advise that it's not device problem , should reboot the router.
but , I don't think this problem is from router , because other devices(PC,iPad,iPhone,Android device also) can connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Please let me show any possibility without rebooting router.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I cannot connect to Wi-Fi network with Lumia 930 at home.
As I connect to the Wi-Fi , message appears " you cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network xxxx"
I've asked to dealer and got a advise that it's not device problem , should reboot the router.
but , I don't think this problem is from router , because other devices(PC,iPad,iPhone,Android device also) can connect to the Wi-Fi network.
Please let me show any possibility without rebooting router.

Welcome to Windows Central. You may want to create a Windows Central account so you could respond to the replies to your query easily - this will make debugging your problem easier, too.

Does your router have a password? If yes, make sure that you've entered the correct password.

Does your router have a MAC-Address limiting feature? If yes and enabled, make sure that the MAC-Address of your phone is allowed to connect to your router.

Aside from these two, you may need to finally reboot your router - another possibility is an IP-address conflict which can happen if you've got a lot of devices connected to the router.

Kazuhiro Hishiyama

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thank for your advice.
Anyway , I don't think the issue is caused by reuter. because the phone cannot connect to the other Wi-Fi resistered as recognised customer netwrok.
I mean the phone cannot connect to any Wi-Fi networks. so, i think the problem is caused by the device.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you rebooted your phone, maybe soft reset?

My 930 has an issue where it stops connecting to any wi-fi connection ssometimes, but a reboot solves it.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank for your advice.
Anyway , I don't think the issue is caused by reuter. because the phone cannot connect to the other Wi-Fi resistered as recognised customer netwrok.
I mean the phone cannot connect to any Wi-Fi networks. so, i think the problem is caused by the device.

You could try eusty's advice: try restarting your phone or performing a soft reset.

Restart = power off, then power on.
Soft Reset = press the volume down button and power button together until your phone reboots.

Let us know if it works for you as well.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
What version of the OS and firmware are you running, and which carrier? I've had similar problems with Wi-Fi (along with several other issues) since getting Update 2 through Windows Insider. But I'm also running an unlocked 930 on ATT, so maybe that's a separate issue and the reason my voice mail stopped working. I think I may do a hard reset and see how things go just with 8.1 and Denim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven