Slow transfer rate from lap to device?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
i am here copying 2gb of photos from my laptop to my lumia 730 class 10 16gb transcend sdcard abd it has been 45 min and only 70% photos have been transferred. my pc is windows 8.1 pro. corei3 4gbram

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
i am here copying 2gb of photos from my laptop to my lumia 730 class 10 16gb transcend sdcard abd it has been 45 min and only 70% photos have been transferred. my pc is windows 8.1 pro. corei3 4gbram

Files transfers would be faster if you connect your SD Card directly to your PC. First eject your SD Card from your phone in Settings > Storage Sense > SD Card > Remove SD Card*. Then remove your SD Card and connect it to your PC. Copy the files you want onto it. Then return it to your phone. This should be faster than if you transfer through your phone cable through your phone.

I also tried copying files to my SD Card in my phone by connecting my phone to my PC, around 2.4GB of photos, and it took more than an hour to finish. This is slower compared to copying the files directly to the SD Card, which lasted only less than 20 minutes.

*- Optionally, you could just turn your phone off.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
But removing the sdcard will corrupt my apps installed on sdcard right . Switching the phone off and initiating the transfer sounds safer. Thanks. ;)

That's why you have to tap on "Remove SD Card" in the phone settings first, as mentioned. You don't need to turn the phone off in this method... but turning the phone off is, of course, still "safer".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss