Hey! I am using Lumia 730 right now. Upgraded from Lumia 520. So coming to the topic, I needed to know the compatible earphones for Lumia 730. Has anyone used or purchased earphones for Lumia 730? Any good product suggestions?

04-05-2015 11:58 AM
    Hey! I am using Lumia 730 right now. Upgraded from Lumia 520. So coming to the topic, I needed to know the compatible earphones for Lumia 730. Has anyone used or purchased earphones for Lumia 730? Any good product suggestions?

The Lumia 730 has the standard 3.5 mm audio socket; as such any standard 3.5 mm audio jack would work with it.

They say that Bose earphones are good, but I haven't personally tried them. Sennheiser earbuds are also good, with good dynamic response and bass definition. Meizu earphones are also surprisingly good, but the durability of the wires aren't really top-notch... the bass definition and treble control were a bit well-balanced, it's just hard to find where to buy one when you're outside China.

If these are a bit pricey, just walk into any audio/music store, pick-up a Sony earbud and try it out; they usually meet most of the day-to-day requirements for music-listening.

BTW, I must mention that the default earbuds that came with my L1020 were also one of the best ones I've used... and am still using, though I always have to find the correct angle of attack into my ear canal to maximize the audio definition it produces. This wasn't the case, however, for my L535 were the sound was just stale and boxy. Not sure where the default ones of the L730 stacks up.
    Laura Knotek and emjey like this.
    04-05-2015 12:53 PM
    If you intend on getting something with inline controls, most anything non-iPhone should work.
    gpobernardo and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-05-2015 01:27 PM
    Thanks! Went ahead buying sennheiser headphone. Waiting for it to be delivered. Will update about it

The Lumia 730 has the standard 3.5 mm audio socket; as such any standard 3.5 mm audio jack would work with it.

They say that Bose earphones are good, but I haven't personally tried them. Sennheiser earbuds are also good, with good dynamic response and bass definition. Meizu earphones are also surprisingly good, but the durability of the wires aren't really top-notch... the bass definition and treble control were a bit well-balanced, it's just hard to find where to buy one when you're outside China.

If these are a bit pricey, just walk into any audio/music store, pick-up a Sony earbud and try it out; they usually meet most of the day-to-day requirements for music-listening.

BTW, I must mention that the default earbuds that came with my L1020 were also one of the best ones I've used... and am still using, though I always have to find the correct angle of attack into my ear canal to maximize the audio definition it produces. This wasn't the case, however, for my L535 were the sound was just stale and boxy. Not sure where the default ones of the L730 stacks up.
    gpobernardo likes this.
    04-07-2015 12:57 AM