Is there any other way to backup my data?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My phone screen broke over the weekend, leaving my phone completely unusable and me unable to view anything on it. I am not sure if my settings have been chosen to backup things like text messages and other phone data. Is there any way I can check that information and possibly change it without accessing the settings on my phone?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
My phone screen broke over the weekend, leaving my phone completely unusable and me unable to view anything on it. I am not sure if my settings have been chosen to backup things like text messages and other phone data. Is there any way I can check that information and possibly change it without accessing the settings on my phone?

Welcome to Windows Central.

You could check the SMS that has been backed up:
1. log into your outlook.com account;
2. right-click on the Categories at the left side of the page;
3. click on "manage categories"
4. in the next page, check the "Show in folder pane" and "Filter" for the "Contacts
5. return to your outlook.com inbox
6. clicking on the new "Contacts" category will show you the SMS that has been backed up into your account.

As for the other information that has been backed up, I'm not sure if there's a way to view them in detail.

You may want to create a Windows Central account in order to reply to this thread easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa