So HBO Now is out, I installed itunes to update my apple id info, I downloaded the app which, as I figured, I can't open the app.

It would appear that opening the app is required for buying a subscription as an in-app purchase.

Short of borrowing a friend's apple device, is there any way I can open the app on my pc, or if I'm missing something, is there a way of purchasing a subscription with my apple id without opening the app?
    04-07-2015 05:00 PM
    My suggestion would be to visit our sister site iMore, and to ask their members.

The folks on iMore are friendly and helpful, and they are experts in all things related to Apple products.

Ask a Question - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    you're borrowing an apple device to get it done.
    04-07-2015 05:13 PM
    Just like HBO go is exclusive to cable subscribers... HBO now is exclusive to Apple users. In 3 months it will open to other devices....
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 04-08-2015 at 01:19 AM.
    Jaredallister likes this.
    04-07-2015 05:45 PM
    My suggestion would be to visit our sister site iMore, and to ask their members.

The folks on iMore are friendly and helpful, and they are experts in all things related to Apple products.

Ask a Question - iPhone, iPad, iPod Forums at iMore.com
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-08-2015 01:16 AM
    I'm really not understanding.

It's an Apple App. You want to open it to subscribe to a service you won't be able to use because the App isn't compatible with your system?

That's what it sounds like.

I suppose you then want a way to run the App every day since you paid for the service?

mac os on virtualbox - Bing
    04-08-2015 06:45 AM
    Once registered you can watch on their website on PC. You only have to register through the Apple app which requires Apple device.
    05-29-2015 02:46 AM